HomeBear Basics and BeyondAvailableBear Making Guides


About Me



Helen Gleeson, Bear Artist, Author and now Magazine Editor


I live in the Chittering Valley in Western Australia 
with my wonderful husband Ray and our puppy "Boof" 


I have been making bears since 2003, and enjoyed every minute. 
Bare Cub Designs,  is a collection of mink cubs with their signature style, 
extensively scissor sculpted fluffy cheeks.

Bare Cub Designs, have been on the cover of Teddy Bear Times (UK) Teddy Bear Review (US) Kuscheltier News (Germany) Bear & Buds (US online), Australian Bear Creations, and Bear Beautiful. My work has been featured in the above and Dolls and Bears.

My bears been nominated and won many awards, ribbons and medals from local bear show, Sydney Teddy Bear Fair people choice awards, and the wonderful and prestigious Toby and Golden Teddy.

I have gained much experience from a full time career as an Account Executive in the very competitive corporate world. After a long day at the office and a long commute I enjoy coming home to my husband and bears in the Australian bush. I fill the few hours of my day when I am not a work designing bears and sharing them with my friends on my blog.
Offering patterns, kits, holding workshops, creating custom cubs, selling them on my website, eBay, Etsy and in selected stores, I am often asked for help from followers of my work and blogabout making their own bears. To assist everyone no matter where they live, I have created a bear making guide The guides are a collection of 12 patterns offered electronically to cut down on cost and postage, being able to include up to 150 step by step photos in the bumper mink issue showing every step to making your own beautiful mink cub just like mine!

I have written and published a beautiful book "Bear Basics and Beyond" full of inspiration and advise to be used as a guide for every bear maker, bear artist and collector.

I have created a new magazine "Bear Beautiful"
A sophicticated magazine for bear artists, makers and collectors who are passionate about qauility showcasing only the very best our industry has to offer.
 tBear Beautiful is for sophisticated, bear makers, artists and collectors who are passionate about quality. Showcasing only the very best our industry has to offer. - See more at: http://www.bearbeautifulmag.com/p/blog-page.html#sthash.mTsABwLq.dpuf

Bear Beautiful is for sophisticated, bear makers, artists and collectors who are passionate about quality. Showcasing only the very best our industry has to offer. - See more at: http://www.bearbeautifulmag.com/p/blog-page.html#sthash.mTsABwLq.dpuf




I am also very honored to have Magazine covers 
feature Bare Cub Designs








 My Book - Bear Basics and Beyond

My Guides - Bare Designs Club